Monday, June 25, 2007

Yarn!

The consequences of a major yarn buying binge have started to arrive in the mailbox. Today's mail contained my 6th order from The Loopy Ewe. I'm now officially a "Loopy Groupie". In addition to the yarn I'd ordered, I received a tote bag, a bonus ball of sock yarn, and some "Loopy Kisses". And since I'd already earned a $25 store credit with my first 5 orders, I applied it to this order, as well.

The picture above shows the whole order in a lovely clear plastic tote. Below, the bonus skein, ONline supersocke 100 Summer-Color, color 791, and the Loopy Kisses (peppermint candy).

The yarn I ordered, from left to right:
The Knittery, Chocolate Royale
Fiesta Boomerang [5 oz, 320 yds., Extra Fine Superwash Merino], Safari and White Zinfandel
Fleece Artist Sea Wool [115 gr (~4 oz.), 354 yds (325 m)], Cosmic Dawn and Aegean

The Fiesta is quite a bit thicker than fingering weight sock yarn. The gauge on the label is 18 sts = 4" on size 8 needles. Obviously, I'm not going to use size 8 needles for socks, so I'll have to swatch (ack!) In yards per oz., it's a smidge heavier than STR mediumweight, which calls for 8 sts per inch on size 2 needles, so that at least gives me a jumping-off point.

And from ebay seller Yarnbow, 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden in color 270, to combine with 2 skeins of color 245 already in my stash, to make this gorgeous striped scarf.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My oh my, lots of great yarn you have there.I have 5 skeins of that Noro silk Garden, still don't know what to make of them.

Cindy said...

Now, is this stash in addition to other stash, or is this your almost total stash? Or is it your only stash? I love all of them.