Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Geometry? !@#%!

I am taking a geometry course online, the last 3 hours of math I need to complete the math requirements for certification (I'm going to be a high school math teacher this fall). It started yesterday, with an endless reading assignment that made me want to poke my eyes out with a dpn. There was a homework assignment, too, due tonight at midnight. I got it turned in 7 hours before deadline. Take that! New lessons will be posted every TWThF until hell freezes over August 3rd. Pray for me, people.

Last week was Vacation Bible School. As I have done for the past 6 years, I taught the 5th graders. This year, I don't know why, but I just lost it a couple of times -- not a good example of Christlikeness. Fifth graders don't listen, especially when you have 20 or so in a room, in a rather informal atmosphere, with terrible acoustics (cinderblock walls and tile floors). I'm afraid they just didn't learn as much as they could/should have. But the funny thing is, they kept coming back. I have realized that I make an entirely new set of mistakes every year. I hope someday to have learned enough from my mistakes that VBS will run more smoothly!

Oh, knitting... that's probably why you're here.... I did start socks with the Colinette JitterBug, but once I finished the toe increases, I found myself flipping through Sensational Knitted Socks, and More Sensational Knitted Socks to find a pattern to use. Finally settled on Beaded Rib, and they're looking quite nice:

Other socks on the needles are the Inside Out socks, in STR mediumweight, Monsoon. These were the Feb. 2007 package from the Rockin' Sock Club. There was also an April shipment, and I'm hearing rumors that the June shipment may be on its way. I'm a little behind.

And the Big Black Socks for SocksForSoldiers. I thought I was finished with the legs at 12", and then I read a post that indicated that the legs need to be 14" (they'll shrink some in the wash, and they also lose some length when stretched widthwise). These legs are now 5 rounds from being 14" (or 140 rounds) long. I think I'll go work on them. Or do the next geometry assignment.


I almost forgot: if you love lace, you might want to sign up for Mystery Stole 3. It starts June 29th, so you'll still have time to gather supplies. One caveat -- lots and lots of posts, so you might want to set your delivery to digest right off the bat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your class sounds as bad as mine. 2 Library media classes with enough reading to last me a lifetime. I am going to have to hide all of my knitting needles at this rate. I never wish the summer away but can't wait until Aug 3rd.