Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I'm back!

Didja miss me? Probably didn't even know I was gone...

Thanks to the generosity of my mother-in-law, we had a week's vacation in Colorado.
A bit of hiking (which felt more like climbing), tours of a gold mine & some caves, a day at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, and above all, a lovely break from the heat here at home.

I took some knitting with me, of course. I decided my big project would be Mom's stole (Leda's Dream). Unfortunately, the only time I touched it was to move it out of the way so I could find something at the bottom of my knitting bag.



I brought along some sock yarn, and started the Mermaid Socks from Cool Socks, Warm Feet. I finished the leg and the heel, then tried it on -- too tight! So now I have to decide whether to rip it all out & do over with more stitches, or to see whether someone (like my niece, J.S.) with skinnier legs, might like these.

The new Six Sox Knitalong pattern was posted August 1st, and I was able to find a computer to download & print the pattern. I started it on the way home. This yarn seems to be working really well with the pattern.

2 comments:

Opal said...

I love the socks you're working on. Great patterns!

soapy said...

your SSS look great! Nice color choice!
Glad you like the pattern