Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Colorado pictures


I have tried twice to post this; I'm hoping 3rd time's the charm.
The mountains are so beautiful. We took a little hike up to Hanging Lake on Sunday, after we'd arrived on Friday evening. No problem -- just 1.2 miles each way. Except that you're starting at something over 6000 feet above sea level, and gaining over 1000 feet over that 1.2 mile hike. I thought they were trying to kill me! The lake & waterfalls are gorgeous ... I'm just not sure I'd be willing to do that again. Afterward, we drove over Independence Pass -- that was a snaky road, sometimes narrowing to one lane wide! We did have quite a bit of stormy weather during the week, so we didn't get to go white water rafting, but we did stay busy and had a lot of fun. We went with my husband's brother and his 2 kids.

Back in the real world, today is the first day of school for my husband (a teacher, the tall guy standing in the center picture) and son (a high school freshman). We'll be taking the Princess to school this weekend (college freshman).

On the knitting front, not much is happening. Just a few rows here & there. I even went & got an old "unfinished object" out of storage, thinking that's what I might want to work on, but it remains in its box. I think I just have too many UFOs, and I'm whirling around trying to figure out which one I feel like working on, instead of just doing something.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Wow, sounds like a great vacation. Wish I could have been there! And all this before taking your daughter to college. You DO live dangerously!