Sunday, January 29, 2006

Way too lazy

I've been way too lazy about posting -- I have been busy knitting, however. I've finished the Standing in the Shadow of Love socks from the Six Sox Knitalong, my Leaf Lace shawl (finished 1/17 and finally blocked yesterday), and a pair of socks using Opal Southwest #2, a color that is apparently discontinued -- I purchased it on ebay.

I have read in several places about people having trouble with the Jaywalker sock pattern being too tight, so I decided to make a pair to see what all the fuss is about. The pattern is fun, and I'm using a self-striping yarn -- Opal Rodeo color 1153. I have realized I have no artistic vision -- I didn't know the socks would look so cool! I don't have enough done yet to try on & see if they'll be too tight.

I also started the Feb. sock from theKnitter.com, a light & dark pink slip-stitch pattern called "Pink Ladder Socks". The yarn is Cascade Bollicine Dolly, 100% extra-fine merino -- very soft & nice. It's looking really good, but I'm not sure the leg is going to be big enough around. I probably should take it apart and make the larger size.

I have signed up for the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics. My project will be a Rogue hoodie for my 17-year old daughter. I have ordered KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Fern, and have done my gauge swatch. Now I'm just waiting for the Opening Ceremonies on Feb. 10th. I thought that having a goal of finishing a project in a set period of time would be a good way to make sure the sweater actually gets done.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Julie, I just found your blog while researching the Oregon vest. I have the pattern, now I'm looking for a color! You seem to knit everything I can't seem to start or finish! I was looking at the sampler scarf, but have ordered the yarn for the Wool Peddler's shawl instead. And my one jawalker is half complete! I'm loving Knitpicks yarn, too - I can actually afford it!