Thursday, January 05, 2006

Still Here

I'm still here -- been busy knitting Christmas gifts, 2 of which were started & finished between Christmas & New Year's eve. My parents got socks (Dad) and a Koigu neck cozy (Mom). I knew we'd be seeing them on New Year's eve, so I did theirs last, and last turned out to be after Christmas. But I think they liked them. Having some issues uploading pics right now, so I'll have to try again later.

Other finished items:

  • Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole (I love it!)
  • Alison's orange bliss scarf in ecru Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky (surprise Christmas gift for know-it-all 17 yr. old daughter)
  • Needlecraft University's top-down sweater with set-in sleeves in TeAwa Wools Natural Wools (New Zealand) semi-worsted (which my mother-in-law brought back from a trip to Australia & New Zealand several years ago, and was anxiously waiting for it to become something)
  • one-skein hat in Noro Kureyon #92, which I whipped out on the day after Thanksgiving and gave to my grandmother
  • 2 pair of camo socks in Twinkletoes sock yarn from Over the Rainbow yarns on ebay; I'm reknitting the legs on one pair, because the recipient says the socks kept falling down when he wore them :-P
  • 2 Koigu neck cozies (1 for Mom, 1 for mother-in-law)
  • a garter stitch poncho for an 18" doll, based on the one in The Knit Stitch
  • an Oregon Vest (pattern from Oat Couture) for my sister -- it was supposed to have been done last Christmas, when I also made vests for my mother and my sister-in-law (brother's wife), but it wasn't done on time and it got cast aside. I really meant to finish it right after Christmas last year and send it, but it languished for a year. All it needed were side seams and a zipper. The zipper was the major factor in the procrastination. But when I finally made myself do it, it wasn't so bad. Not that it will make future zippers any easier to do....
  • a cardigan for my niece, pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, made in sport-weight cotton -- really not as awful to work with as I'd anticipated.

Still having issues uploading pics, so I'll quit for now.

No comments: