Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm still here...


I have 2 finished items! The never-ending socks for my husband, from the Red Cross Kit , are finally done.

To the left is a big Booga Bag. Using Wendy's modifications, I enlarged the original pattern. I'm trying to decide whether to sew a lining for it. I didn't make an outside pocket, and the whole thing used just a bit more than 4 skeins of Noro Kureyon (color 92).

Current projects include the Mystery Shawl 4, which is a circular shawl, based on Elizabeth Zimmerman's Pi shawl, Leda's Dream for my mother (it's not going to be done for your birthday, Mom -- sorry!), and the Color Blox socks from the Six Sox KAL. I had developed a case of knitting ennui, and was working my way through it by alternating a round on the Mystery Shawl with 4 rows of Mom's stole, 10 rounds on the olive drab socks, 10 rounds on the Color Blox socks. Now that the olive socks are done and I am up to the gussets on the (toe-up) Color Blox, things are a bit more interesting. I actually considered either starting something new yesterday, or cramming all of the current projects behind the couch and digging out some other UFO (well, digging first and cramming second). I may not have to resort to such drastic measures after all.

No comments: