Monday, June 06, 2011

There's a First Time for Everything

I have been married to this man for almost 29 years. He is retired from the Army and is teaching JROTC (high school).
He does this with his students several times a year. Today, he invited his family to join in the fun.  Our son has done this before, but this was the first time for both of the female members of the household.
The kids are ready to go: 

I thought about chickening out, but they wouldn't let me.

The boy child went first.

Then the girl.

And then it was my turn. The hardest part was stepping off the top of the tower onto a tiny little ledge about 2 feet down the wall. The actual coming down part wasn't too bad. I decided once was enough for today, though.

Both kids went down more than once. I'll give it a go again sometime.

Knitting content:
I worked on a pair of olive drab socks for Socks for Soldiers on the drive there & back. Got about 30 rounds done (72 sts per round on size 0 needles). Pics maybe tomorrow. 

No comments: