Saturday, January 16, 2010

Winter Lace Project

I am working on approximately a dozen or more projects, as usual. I just dropped in to invite anyone reading this to join a new Yahoo Group; Andrea of BadCatDesigns is going to do a KAL for a Pi shawl (circular, using Elizabeth Zimmermann's Pi shaping). The charts will be posted at SnowQueenShawl. She'll be closing the group when membership reaches 400, so get over there! Description from the group site:
BadCatDesigns Winter 2010 group project! This project uses Elizabeth Zimmerman's formula for a Pi shawl construction and original charts designed specifically for this project. This project is going to be technically advanced for lace knitters looking for something fun and a bit different.

I have ordered yarn from ColourmartUK, a cashmere/silk/merino blend in light grey. Seemed Snow-Queenish to me. Who knows if I'll actually knit along or not? I have joined so many knit-alongs over the years, and I'm not sure I've ever completed a project with a group. Some never even got cast on. But I do have intentions of eventually making most of these projects. Eventually. Ha. Did I mention eventually, or some day? Notice the lack of explicit time reference in there.

No comments: