Monday, August 13, 2007

Who are you?

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Honourable Lady Julie the Sanguine of Divine Intervention
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title


I dunno -- it seems to fit. Well, kids, I'm about to be a teacher. We had new teacher orientation on Friday, and today & tomorrow are "Professional Development Days" for teachers & staff. The kids will come to school on Wednesday. People keep asking me if I'm ready. Do I look ready? Oh, I mean "Don't I look ready?" Whatever. Wednesday is a half day. Oh, and I'm a sophomore class sponsor. One of four, actually, but 2 are gym teachers/coaches, and claim they will not be available most of the time, and the other is a special ed teacher whom I haven't met. Good times. There's a sophomore class meeting on Wednesday morning. I don't even know what I'm supposed to do. I could ask my son, the sophomore. Or his sister, who, as I recall, was quite frustrated with her class sponsors as a sophomore. She's now a sophomore/junior in college.

In case anyone was concerned, I did get an A in Geometry. And I did do a little yarn shopping as a reward. We went to St. Louis for the Stitch N Pitch game last Monday (Cards won!), and I managed to talk my husband into a yarn store stop on Tuesday before we headed home. At Knitorious, I got 2 hanks of Twilight (blue) Alpaca with a Twist Fino, and some plum-colored Trekking XXL, which will make a pair of socks to match an outfit my mother wears quite a bit. I was looking for a shawl pattern I'd seen in an ad in the recent issue of Vogue Knitting. It's the Flight of the Honeybees shawl by Alpaca with a Twist. I had to email the store the next day and have them put aside a 3rd hank for me. They've also ordered the pattern -- I guess it's so new that they didn't have it.

In other knitting, I have finished a pair of Big Black Socks for SocksForSoldiers, and I've also finished the 1st of the Inside Out socks in STR Monsoon (sock club kit from February). It feels like time to work on finishing things and get down to having just one or two projects going at a time, instead of too many to count.

In the photo above, it's right side out (as knitted), and below it's, well, inside out. I love the stripes (no pooling!).


4 comments:

Cindy said...

Congrats on the A and the teaching position. It sounds like Stitch n Pitch was fun. I hope they do it earlier (or later) next year so it won't be so blasted hot.

Opal said...

Gorgeous sock. Go Cards! (Yes I'm a Cards fan even though I live in Hawaii. :D )

CatBookMom said...

Found your blog by looking for the "Flight of the Honeybees" Shawl from the 25th Anniv. VK. LMK what you think of the shawl. I've asked my LYS to order it, too, even if it does look rather bigger than I usually like.

Nice blog, and I'm cracking up over the Peculiar Aristocratic Titles I'm getting. Thanks for the link.

Small world! I grew up in SE Missouri, in Cape G. I'm glad the Cards won and that you had a chance to go to the Stitch N Pitch; it was a fun time at the Dodgers for SnP, and they even won, which they don't do often enough.

Morandia said...

Love the socks! oh... and hello from NE Arkansas!