Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas knitting

Well, I have finished my Christmas knitting.... except for Mom's stole. Still haven't touched it except for the half-dozen rows I did right after my last post. I think Mom's going to get something else (not knitted ~gasp), and I'll give her the stole as soon as it's finished.

I made 1 hooded scarf for a niece, 2 ski masks/helmet liners for her brothers, felt clogs for my sister (their mother), my daughter, her college roommate, another niece, my mother-in-law (started those on the way to her house on Wednesday, finished them on Friday morning, and we opened gifts Friday evening. I hadn't felted them yet, so I asked her if she thought they'd fit, and the look on her face when she realized how big they were was priceless). A seaman's scarf for my mother-in-law's husband, and Faina's scarf for my sister-in-law.







More felting lessons: I probably should try using something like Soak or Eucalan, that doesn't need rinsing. I used a cold rinse and then spun the water out of my mother-in-law's slippers, and I just about got them too small, with odd little creases in them. So next time, no cold rinse!
I'll be making at least a couple more pair in the near future -- one for my son, and one for me!

No comments: