Friday, February 24, 2006



Finally fixed my issues with getting pictures from the camera to the computer. It was such a pain to plug in the cable & power cord (to save camera batteries), turn on the camera, and hope the wizard would work to download the pics. I was only having guaranteed success when I restarted my computer in Selective Startup, without the Startup Group items. What a pain. Well, for about $20 I got a card reader at Wal-Mart. It's about the size of a jump drive. I put my camera's card in it, plug it into the USB port, and move the pictures off the card and onto the computer. Worth every penny.
So, here's the hood and a partial sleeve. I'm actually almost done with the second sleeve, which means the end is in sight! Whew ~ this may be the most concentrated effort I've ever made on a knitting project. It's good to know I can make a sweater in about 2 weeks, that I can work on a single project from start to finish without being distracted by others. But it hasn't been easy! I think I've gone a little crazy the last few days, ordering yarn (not that there isn't a huge stash here already...). I have joined Eunny Jang's Sampler Stole KAL and ordered yarn for it. Then I decided to take a leap and try the Fair Isle Sampler hat (Interweave Knits Winter 2004), so I had to order the yarn for that. And I joined the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club, and this morning I ordered a mitten kit and the yarn for the Fair Isle bag in Interweave Knits Summer 2004, from Nordic Fiber Arts.
Somebody stop me! Oh, that would be me. I have to stop myself. I think I'll have to live to 100 to knit all the yarn I've accumulated.

No comments: