Friday, October 07, 2005


Oh, look here -- I have blog. Seems to have been a by-product of signing up for the Scarf-Style Knit-along here at blogger.com. I'm currently working on the Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole, in Noro Silk Garden color #211. I started the thing 4 times; first with Noro Iro color 57 -- I didn't like how the colors were working themselves out; it looked too rustic and reminded me of camo. As an Army wife, I see enough of that -- I don't need it in my knitting. So I tried another color of Noro Iro: color 40, which I thought was blues/greens/grays. Turns out it has brown in it, too, and we had the camo thing going on again. And it felt like I was knitting an army blanket. The picture is of the first attempt. I have not played around with this enough to have figured out formatting, etc.

Then I thought of the Silk Garden I had purchased to make a 2nd Clapotis. [The first one was made in Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb, Blackwatch, which is a really pretty blue & green combo. I had to make it shorter than the pattern called for, even though I was using the yarn specified in the pattern, and had purchased the amount specified, and was getting gauge!] Realizing that I rarely make any pattern more than once, I decided to try Lady Eleanor with the Silk Garden. Smaller yarn, smaller needles, so I cast on more stitches. After a couple of tiers, it looked way too wide, so I ripped it out and started again on 56 stitches. Now that I'm 3 skeins into it, it has pulled in and is about 19" wide, more like a wide scarf than a stole. But I am going to finish it. It's growing on me as it grows.... I will need to pick up probably 3 more skeins of yarn for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie!

Did you ever finish your Lady E? I have just started one and love the way the Noro SG looks as the tiers grow. I'm using Noro Sg #213.